Ashley’s Ice Resin Space Pendant Tutorial, Step 1
Since anon asked, here is my method for making pendants using a bezel and some Ice Resin (jewelers grade clear casting epoxy).
Step 1. Gather necessities.
- A measuring shot glass, found in most craft stores (plastic) or horticulture shops (glass).
- A stencil to use for cutting your background to a preferred size. Here I used a cabochon of dried resin that fits these bezels. You can use a coin, or a square of strong paper cut to fit your bezel shape and size.
- Bezels. Anything goes - Ice Resin works well with any metal.
- Background. I chose a sticker of my cat Dog (but am only using the space portions).
- Razor blade or other fine-tipped sharp object. Used for cutting background.
(Also Good to Have, But Not Shown)
- Garbage bag cut and fitted with tape to your work space.
- Small scissors.
- Microfiber cloth for tiny messes. (You should be careful to only make tiny messes. This stuff is a clean-up nightmare.)
- Toothpicks, popsicle sticks or any small disposal tools.
- Anything flat and hard to keep hair/dust off of the pendants as they dry, and three things tall and level enough to hold the flat thing above your pendant(s).